Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Ford GT

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

POPULAR

ford.jpg

Just announced, not a ton known... will be a 600hp twin turbo V6 + DCT... thoughts??

http://jalopnik.com/...s-it-1678893649
  • Polivoks, Tim, BCpuller and 3 others like this
-Jeff

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

YpvXRpz.png

• Polivoks, Tim, Skyliner and 1 other like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

hJp3joT.png

2pZNCWr.png

mcco29b.png

• Polivoks and Tim like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

gtQkY4g.png

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I want.

• Tim likes this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
is it a lotus?
  • Tim likes this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

http://www.carscoops...arrives-in.html

"Ford has unveiled the all-new GT supercar in Detroit, a mid-engined coupe that will go into production in 2016 powered by a new twin-turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 with more than 600hp.

Ford describes it as an "an ultra-high-performance supercar" that serves as a technology showcase for top EcoBoost performance, aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction.

The Ford GT will feature the most powerful EcoBoost production engine ever, as well as race-proven technology that will allow it to compete with exotics when it goes into production in late 2016.

The launch year was chosen specifically to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Ford GT race cars placing 1-2-3 at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans. The all-new GT supercar features rear-wheel drive, a mid-mounted engine, and a sleek, aerodynamic, two-door coupe body shell.

It makes extensive use of lightweight materials, including carbon fiber and aluminum, which will undoubtedly benefit acceleration and handling. After all, Ford promises “one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any production car.” The Ford GT gets a carbon fiber passenger cell, as well as aluminum front and rear sub-frames encapsulated in structural carbon fiber body panels.

The supercar will also include advanced active aerodynamics, such as a deployable rear spoiler, and a series of material and technology innovations such as SYNC 3 – the latest version of Ford’s advanced connectivity system.

The twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter engine is based on the race-proven engine architecture serving Ford’s IMSA Daytona Prototype endurance racing efforts and is said to feature a wide powerband with impressive time-to-torque characteristics.

In the GT, the engine features an all-new, port/direct dual fuel-injection setup to improve engine response, plus a low-friction roller-finger-follower valvetrain. The powerplant will be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transaxle transmission. The chassis is suspended by an active racing-style torsion bar and pushrod suspension, with adjustable ride height, and the car also gets carbon-ceramic brake discs at all four corners.

As for the design, the Ford GT is obviously paying homage to the original GT race car spiced with modern design cues that make it look sharper and more aggressive. The car rides on 20-inch wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires featuring a unique compound and structure designed specifically for the Ford GT.

Inside, the two-seat cockpit features driver and passenger seats integrated directly into the carbon fiber passenger cell, combined with adjustable pedals and steering column. An F1-style steering wheel integrates all necessary driver controls, allowing uncluttered access to the transmission paddle-shift controls. The fully digital instrument cluster provides driver-focused data and is configurable for multiple driving environments and different driving modes.

Unfortunately, there’s no official word yet on performance specs."

• icarus likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,051 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I want.

X100000000

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

2highpsi

2highpsi

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 858 posts
  • Joined 06-December 13
  • LocationCambridge, OH

So far the only thing I don't like is the interior. 

mgrbpdpqkkiwhaktrinw.jpg

2014 Deep Blue Pearl Track Edition GT-R Alpha 10  #80 of 160

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 605 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14
I like this. Looks nice, just like they had the F430 in their sites 10 years ago it looks like this will be slugging it out with the 458 and Mclaren. This thing is beautiful! On a side note the GT350R looks awesome too and apparently will come with carbon fiber wheels in addition to the flat plane V8. Kudos to Ford for building a car that wouldn't make Carrol Shelby roll in his grave.

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,183 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Made in Toronto if I'm not mistaken!

Edit: I really meant.. the new Ford GT prepped for LeMans racing :)    It's being bult by Multimatic.

http://www.auto123.c...rn?artid=173737

Edited by NickTO, 12 January 2015 - 10:01 AM.

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

So far the only thing I don't like is the interior. 

mgrbpdpqkkiwhaktrinw.jpg

Wow, yeah the interior looks terrible in that picture. It's like Ford Aerostar meets DeLorean... man, that really sucks if it ends up looking like that.
-Jeff

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
lack luster release IMHO. dual clutch but no info about it? any performance prediction's? looks like a lotus and sub par interior for 2015 car.

I like all prior gt40s and ford gt.

just seems to me they took a lambo chassis, slapped in a v6 and styled it like a lotus, said it has active aero only because of an air brake wing and nothing more.

I know haters going to hate, I'm sure they will all be spoken for regardless, just looks like a lackluster release?

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,183 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

I find it looks like a cross between a Noble M12 and M600. surprised nobody sees the similarity.

• ian.r likes this

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

ttknf

ttknf

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 384 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

I really like it. Ford is finally get adventurous with their styling. It's too bad they left out so many details during the release...

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

BCpuller

BCpuller

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 656 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12
  • LocationBC, Canada

INB4 requisite, skyliner "GT-R is better, this thing is a piece of crap..." comment.

As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character.

I'll be in the lounge..

Joined the heavy metal club. 

div

div

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Redline at only 7k according to the video :(

Interior design hints at the efforts of keeping the weight in check. If we take their claim for one of the lowest lb/hp ratio, this car may come under 3200lbs. If that's the case I'd say Ford built a true successor to the NSX :D

CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Stage 4 Member

• 605 posts
  • Joined 11-August 14
600+HP from a 3.5L engine on the stock tune. Ford seems to be thinking...

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Edited by CasualObserver, 12 January 2015 - 02:10 PM.

• Skyliner likes this

Bill@SiR

Bill@SiR

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
  • LocationMiami FL
A little birdie told me 22psi stock :) it has turbos slightly larger than GTR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users