Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Auto Select Front Fenders

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,600 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

damn that looks great!

super aggressive.  Could you take a pic of the other side? Want to see what they did with the vents and fender liner supports.

In7anity!!

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

Very nice...  let us know how the install goes!

2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

Anyone but 7racer (who always makes me spend $ lol), what do you think about installing front fenders like this, is it basically an irreversible modification?  Do you end up spending a lot of money on adjustments and fitting and painting?  Will these fenders totally rice out my GT-R or what?

2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

bpauto

bpauto

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13

My Autoselect Fenders can in yesterday. I'll get more pics but I can tell the quality is great and they look very well made. Once I get them installed will provide pics. Cost was around 3K US, 100% carbon and you keep your side marker lights. 

They look good.

I'm really curious to see how much extra width they allow in the front. The C-West fenders had a issue where because they were designed to meet the OEM bumper without modification, they only added a minimal (almost unusable) amount of width up front.

gtrrforumsignature.jpg

213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com                                                   
Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines, Do Luck, Varis, TOMMYKAIRA / Rowen, Voltex, JUN, ESPRIT, Top Racing, ZELE + More!

drewgray

drewgray

Stock

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-January 15
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Anyone but 7racer (who always makes me spend $ lol), what do you think about installing front fenders like this, is it basically an irreversible modification?  Do you end up spending a lot of money on adjustments and fitting and painting?  Will these fenders totally rice out my GT-R or what?

I have the pwjdm front fenders and the fenders themselves are not an irreversible mod. In fact, they were quite easy to install (didn't fit too great, but thats more about build quality than anything). But the pwjdm fenders come with the little bumper flares and mounting those are pretty irreversible since I had to drill my front bumper. 

But they look close-ish to stock after installing, paint/wrapping them, and using oem rear wheels on the front looks good. I just wrapped mine in 3m black and it was close enough to the stock 09 black color for me. They are a decent bit lighter than the OEM fenders too (don't know exact as I didn't weigh them). And I fit 345/35/18's up front with these fenders with minimal rubbing lock to lock (there is some no doubt, but I intend to modify the fender liners further for better air management anyway).

Edited by drewgray, 07 October 2015 - 12:49 PM.

• icarus and thehelix112 like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,174 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I have the pwjdm front fenders and the fenders themselves are not an irreversible mod. In fact, they were quite easy to install (didn't fit too great, but thats more about build quality than anything). But the pwjdm fenders come with the little bumper flares and mounting those are pretty irreversible since I had to drill my front bumper. 

But they look close-ish to stock after installing, paint/wrapping them, and using oem rear wheels on the front looks good. I just wrapped mine in 3m black and it was close enough to the stock 09 black color for me. They are a decent bit lighter than the OEM fenders too (don't know exact as I didn't weigh them). And I fit 345/35/18's up front with these fenders with minimal rubbing lock to lock (there is some no doubt, but I intend to modify the fender liners further for better air management anyway).

Picsorban.

Dave

drewgray

drewgray

Stock

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-January 15
  • LocationRedmond, WA

The photos aren't great quality, but the setup is just as Eric Hyman used on his car before he got his modified uprights and back to OEM fenders. 345/35/18 square on 18x12. His wheels were +25 offset with a 25mm spacer upfront and mine are +20 offset with a 20mm spacer upfront. I can't find the good pictures of his setup right now, but I assure you they look much better as in these pictures I am still on stock suspension and not maxed out camber even (I have the suspension sitting in my garage, but I haven't found the motivation to install them yet). 

All that I have done so far is check what he told me that these would fit with minimal rubbing and he was correct :) I'll put up better pics and details with a thread on it once I get it setup properly.

This is how it looks outside of work today in the nice rain with OEM front 9.5" wheels up front with the +20mm spacer and 285mm MPSS. (I have an extra set of OEM rear wheels to replace these, but again I am lazy).

gtr_oemfront_pwjf.jpg

This is what the oem rear up front would look like (minus a front bumper and no front spacer)

gtr_oemrear_pwjf.jpg

This is the side profile with the 18x12/345 combo

gtr_volkside.jpg

And another poor shot to show how much more camber I need up front, but these are 345 Hoosier A6's so they need the big camber anyway. Eric said he ran around -3 to -3.5* up front and thats where I will start once I put the newish suspension on.

gtr_volkqtr.jpg

I'll try to find the good photos I had of when Eric ran this setup, but rest assured lowered with ~3* of camber the 345's do tuck up front :)

Edited by drewgray, 07 October 2015 - 03:10 PM.

• Tim, icarus, thehelix112 and 1 other like this

Arkmae

Arkmae

Stage 4 Member

• 646 posts
  • Joined 16-July 14
  • LocationSydney, Australia

the only thing which irks me about front fenders is that i think it ruins the lines of the car a little, the front becomes wider than the rear. it is the only thing which i am on the fence about doing, i really want to do them so i can dial out some negative camber on my front wheels but for a cheaper price i am going to just re-order the fronts in new offsets that RAYs released

• icarus likes this

ADM MY12 Nissan GT-R Ivory Pearl

Precision Automotive Racing PR12 3.8L -  TSM Elite Plus - Shep 1K - Motec - Boostlogic Manfold + Extra Rail - ID1050x / ID1700 12 Injector Setup - Fore Triple Pump

"I come from a land Down-Under"

Instagram: @arkmae

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,174 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Tell me more about these new offsets...?
  • icarus likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,600 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

hey I give good advice!

lol

these should be totally reversible.  Bolt on bolt off.  The reason I asked about the fender liner is how the wider fenders deal with the stock liner.  As you can imagine, the stock liner will be a couple inches shorter and not reach the edge of the new finder.

The top-secret fender comes with a "lip" that the stock liner sits in.

The only mod that is irreversible would be the piece that fits on the front bumper to make it flush with the wider fender...mine is stuck on with 3m tape so reversible, just a bit of a PITA.

What is nice about that piece is it keeps the tire behind the body work, that is, if you look head on, you see the front fender, it looks like with this one, since it integrates with the stock front bumper, the wheel will be visible head on...

• icarus likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,938 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Lookin good Drew, what 18x12" wheels are those?

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 360 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

damn that looks great!

super aggressive.  Could you take a pic of the other side? Want to see what they did with the vents and fender liner supports.

Will do! going into the shop Monday to start the install. The AS fenders don't require the front trim piece like the Top Secret and others require + you get to keep your side lights. I'm told they are 30MMM wider but will see actual space improvements once installed. I plan on using a 20X10.5 Advan GT in front +24 with a 295 MPSS for my street setup, this wheel has a really nice deep lip. AS is using their TE-37 Track Edition Spec size 20X12 with a 25MM offset running 305 Trofeo R's square. I want to try to squeeze in same wheel with 315 Toyo R888 which are only slightly wider for a track setup.

• 7racer likes this

drewgray

drewgray

Stock

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-January 15
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Lookin good Drew, what 18x12" wheels are those?

Volk ze40

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,721 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

More pics please :)

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 360 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

Fenders going on ! 

Attached Images

• 10537018_915288001886898_2027906492443373808_n.jpg
  • 12088098_915287968553568_3984664649299573576_n.jpg

• Tim, ian.r, choerizo and 1 other like this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,721 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Nice! Fitment good? Any issues?

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 360 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

So far so good. 

tgkb278

tgkb278

Stage 4 Member

• 416 posts
  • Joined 09-February 14
  • LocationBack to CA
Final results? Some worry that stock side market location doesn't provide enough clearance. So a lot of other kits have that side piece on the bumper and some even cut up part of the bumper
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445991551.256636.jpg

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 360 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

POPULAR

Out of the paint booth.

Attached Images

• 12193659_918827501532948_3215345679169933382_n.jpg
  • 12193468_918827448199620_1291919470146389875_n.jpg