Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oil Leak from Turbo, need your thoughts.......Update 10/28....FIXED

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,161 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

can I kick the guy that designed the evap canister?

Yes.

Shawn
  • Tim likes this

viccaerter

viccaerter

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I think I just got bit by this one :-(  I havent taken anything apart yet but all the signs are there.

destroid

destroid

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 31-January 13
  • Location"Live Free Or Die"
Haven’t posted in a while as the GT-R is down with this passenger side turbo oil leak (2013 BE)

At the dealer to diagnose but it looks like a slow leak at the oil feed. Almost 8 years of driving and track days but even with stock power this broke.

Attached Images

• 7F2EBAA2-D024-4923-A15E-764BCF1FA7FE.jpeg

• 7racer likes this
2013 GT-R Pearl White Black Edition

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 561 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
This is the return line though?

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 955 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I had the passenger side feed line (not the return line as in that pic) develop a small crack which leaked a lot of oil on track and I changed it without taking the engine out. Giant PITA and long hard job due to very tight clearances. The new feed line from Nissan was an improved part with a better design to resist cracking at the fail point on mine, proving they knew the 2009 part was defective. Good on Nissan for at least upgrading the part.

• destroid likes this

destroid

destroid

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 31-January 13
  • Location"Live Free Or Die"
Hard to see in the pic but oil is coating the entire center of turbo and dripping down the pictured return line. Dealer says it’s the turbo seal but I would bet it is the feed line (or both)

FYI they can’t diagnose fully without pulling the engine. And the book says pull the engine to replace the feed line anyway. Exploring other options.

Edited by destroid, 24 June 2020 - 07:12 PM.

2013 GT-R Pearl White Black Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users