Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Updated Switzer SS90 Exhaust

- - - - - switzer exhaust muffler cat-back performance tuning

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Switzer_MEDIA

Switzer_MEDIA

Stock

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

With its unique fine-wire brushed finish and four “black chrome” exhaust tips, this latest version of Switzer’s SS90 performance exhaust bears more of a familial resemblance to the company’s newly-updated Porsche Turbo exhausts and the new-for-2013 cat-back systems for 63-series BiTurbo AMGcoupes and sedans.

This new SS90 has many of the same features that made the original SS90 Switzer exhaust the best in the business, as well as a slightly less restrictive muffler system to accommodate everything from an entry-level P600 GTR to higher horsepower builds like the 1000+ hp Ultimate Street Edition GTR. The new finish was developed to help keep the exhaust system looking newer, longer. The fine-wire finish minimizes the visual impact of regular road wear, while the black-chrome finish resists the type of discoloration often seen on turbocharged cars with chrome tips.

For reference, I’ve included the original Switzer SS90 press release, below …

After months of development and fine-tuning, Switzer’s new 90 mm, stainless-steel exhaust system for the R35 GTR is finally ready!

Like Switzer’s award-winning SS Porsche systems, this new GTR exhaust is made of the highest-quality 304 stainless steel, and feature Switzer Performance logos on the tips and mufflers to help ensure the system’s authenticity and complete the “jewel-like” look of the new system … but great quality, terrific sound, and head-turning looks are only part of this exhaust’s appeal. The rest comes from one thing: performance.

With its big, 90 mm diameter and high-flow design, Switzer’s new GTR exhausts flow enough exhaust gasses to effectively support the 1000 hp Switzer Ultimate Street

Edition GTR and beyond. Despite its effectiveness, and in keeping with the “Jekyll and Hyde” philosophy of that car, the new SS90 exhaust is still quiet enough to be appropriate for daily-driven cars – and is perfect for tracks that have sound requirements as well (check with your local tracks for specific rules and compliance).

• 55 lbs. for reduced weight and better performance

• 90 mm diameter for superior airflow

• quiet enough for daily-driven cars

• deep, powerful exhaust note

newgtr_ex_1-1024x682.jpg

newgtr_ex_2-1024x682.jpg

newgtr_ex_3-1024x682.jpg

newgtr_ex_4-1024x682.jpg

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,796 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I think i know somebody that is getting 1 of these,can't wait to here his review.

Looks good guy's

Wicked

Wicked

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

Looks rusty compared to the original. :)

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 377 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Looks rusty compared to the original. :)

Same can be said about you, Nav... :P :D ;) :)

• Wicked likes this
"All around nice guy"

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 377 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

By request:

newgtr_ex_main.jpg

"All around nice guy"

Wicked

Wicked

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

Same can be said about you, Nav... :P :D ;) :)

So true!!!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
lol @ u guys. in all seriousness it looks beautiful. those tips really set it apart from other options. what gauge is the steel?

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 377 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

lol @ u guys. in all seriousness it looks beautiful. those tips really set it apart from other options. what gauge is the steel?

Thanks Ian, I am not too sure on the guage, looks like 14 if I had to guess, I have never seen any issues with it cracking, tearing, or blowing the packing out of the mufflers, even with heavy anti-lag usage.

The previous system weighed 55lbs, I am going to weigh this one and see where we are at.

"All around nice guy"

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
no i wasn't suggesting anything by asking what gauge. as far as i know you use a pretty decent exhaust manufacture. i just want to keep track of certain things. I've got a thread about exhausts and one of the listed items is gauge of steel. i got to edit the title and add more brands tho.

anyways... since all gtrs have some drone how would you describe this one? little, mild, moderate or lots of drone?

i think your the first one I've asked about drone so i hope your not offended. i would normally just wait for customer reviews but you guys are generally up front and honest.

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,406 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Looks great guys! Love the black chrome tips.

Can't wait to hear the CLS63 exhaust :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: switzer, exhaust, muffler, cat-back, performance, tuning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users