Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Five Years of Power: The Switzer P800's Fifth Anniversary

- - - - - switzer switzer performance p800 gtr package anniversary

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 365 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Hello Everyone,

Many Launch Control's ago, "way back" in 2008 we began development of what is now known as the P800 PKG for the GTR.

Launched in the spring of 2009, this year we celebrate the P800's 5th anniversary. The P800 was designed to provide maximum horsepower and torque with the OEM drivetrain untouched, while maintaining reliability and improving driveability without losing any of the GTR's incredible characteristics for handling, throttle response, or functionality.  Over the years it has become a benchmark for many and the car to beat for a daily driven pump gas GTR. Below are some of the very early videos of our P800 prototype in testing.

February 25th, 2009:

We have modified and prepared this R35 GTR  for everyday high performance use and road course duty.  Our goal with the project was to make 600awhp on 93 octane pump fuel and provide this in a combination that would not be stressed doing so.  This package is capable of quite a bit more hp, however we are going cap it at this power level for longevity and the ability of the car to run consistently lap after lap on a road course while maintaining its performance.

March 1st, 2009:

This has been our first opportunity to drive the GTR that we have been preparing over the last few weeks.  We have finished our development work and are very pleased with the results.  The goal was to create a 700 crank hp, 93 octane pumpgas GTR that could be used for daily use and road course duty.  Drivability is now just as it was stock, while the response and power are substantially improved.  It is difficult to judge just how quick this car is in the video, but you do get an idea. Enjoy!

From the P700 development came the P800, similar hardware with a few tweaks, more power.

April 1st, 2009:

After completing the road tuning of our P700 and P800 packages, we decided to put this Switzer P800 equipped R35 GTR on the dyno to verify its power level.  The car was a bit rich for best-power going from the road to the dyno but we decided not to change the calibration just for the sake of producing the best dyno number.  The car put down 707/603 to the rollers on straight 93 octane pump gas and that's more than enough for us as it far and away exceeds our original goals for this project.

From this first dyno pull, to numerous races around the world, we've collected a number of P800 videos and put them together for this video below, and as part of our celebration we have revisited the P800 PKG, made some fine tweaks to it, and are re-releasing it for a limited time with our SS102 exhaust and the Cobb V3 Accessport for $19,990 installed! We'll be posting more about those changes and more at a later date. For now, enjoy. 

For more information on the P800 PKG, please visit www.switzerperformance.com or email Sales@switzerperformance.com

- Neil

• Tim, ian.r, Skyliner and 1 other like this
"All around nice guy"

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Congrat's to TEAM SWITZER. I remember being glued to the forum reading all about these when you first came out with them  :)

• Neil Switzer likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

SkylineEX-S

SkylineEX-S

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 03-October 13
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Congrats Switzer!

How would it work if I were to ship my car from Toronto, Canada to you for a "build"?  PM me...

2013 Pearl White / Premium / Akrapovic Evolution exhaust / LED bulbs / JDM front clears / MPSS 285/295 / Volk G25 Prism Dark Silver / ...

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 365 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

PM sent!

"All around nice guy"

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 365 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Congrat's to TEAM SWITZER. I remember being glued to the forum reading all about these when you first came out with them  :)

Thanks Tim. The forum was a real time vampire back in the day for anyone with a GTR haha.

• Tim likes this
"All around nice guy"

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I remember when this was the fastest driveable car on the streets LOL 

the Russians gave the Veyron a hell of a challenge that time with 800hp haha 

Man you ain't kidding  we were talking about beating Veyrons..now its about TTG's

Neil what is the highest millage that you know of with 1 of these kits?...IIRC its something like a 100k miles

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

P800, one of my all time favourite packages!

Posted Image

KNA

KNA

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 11-February 13

POPULAR

I own a Switzer P800 and I can honestly say my experience both with the Switzer family and my GTR has been everything that I hoped for when I jumped into the aftermarket tuning community. 

I  purchased my GTR brand new in 2009 and this was the first high performance vehicle I've ever owned. I felt privileged and lucky to even own one.

I thought the car was perfect right off the show room floor but for it to carry the Godzilla name I thought it should of come with some more power.

I honestly feared having my car worked on by a tuning shop knowing that Nissan probably put a ton of work into this vehicle trying to make it reliable and  a world contender in the performance arena.

How could some shop have more resources than Nissan, or really understand what the Nissan engineers were trying to accomplish. I researched for about a year and did my best to learn about the GTR platform. 

I took a leap of faith and decided to choose the Switzer P800 package. There are many great shops, but I felt Switzer Performance was the best move for me. 

Fast forward to present day my vehicle is still a P800 and I'm just under 58,000 miles and my experience and fun with my vehicle is everything I hoped for. 

From roll racing with my buddies ,  tracking my car with the Porsche club , and just driving the car around my area pretty much everyday its been a great time.

also I'm not affiliated with Switzer or nor am I some type of undercover sales rep. LOL....I'm just a guy that feels lucky to have a nice experience with a tuning shop and have confidence with my 800hp street GTR. 

take care guys, 

• Tim, ian.r, Neil Switzer and 3 others like this

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 365 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

Man you ain't kidding  we were talking about beating Veyrons..now its about TTG's

Neil what is the highest millage that you know of with 1 of these kits?...IIRC its something like a 100k miles

Easily over 100K. 

• Tim and Skyliner like this
"All around nice guy"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: switzer, switzer performance, p800, gtr, package, anniversary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users