Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buschur Racing built/tuned '09 GTR, stock turbos

- - - - - buschur racing fmic twin pumps front mount intercooler cobb flex fuel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

We are steadily getting busier and busier in the GT-R world and things are going well here for sure.  

We had a local Ohio customer contact us who use to own an EVO, Brian, and ask about getting his GT-R in for some upgrades.  The car was out of commission due to a trans failure and needed that fixed too.

He had done some research and spoke with Sean Ivey, who we use for our trans builds here not he GT-R's.  Sean contacted me to let me know he didn't think it was going to need an upgrade but just needed some TSB work done.  Keep in mind this is a shop doing transmissions that was NOT trying to get $9000 from a customer who didn't really need to spend it, I like dealing with honest people.  

Anyway, the car comes in Daniel pulls the trans apart, sure enough the problems are what Sean suggested, buttoned the trans back up, did a relearn and off the car went, perfect shifts and a large amount of money saved.  

We were able to move onto the mods.  The car has some type of ill fitting catback on it already, terrible fitment and it's burning the rear bumper up, it's also pretty loud.  It also had a catless mid pipe on it, mid pipe design and entry angle into the merge is pretty decent.  

Brian brought his own catless downpipes, if I had to guess I'd say ebay or built overseas just from the looks, not bad a bad thing and actually is an exact "copy" of how we build ours.  I actually thought someone had polished our parts.  There was also a never installed Cobb AP V2.

From there we supplied:

Buschur Racing Street (BR) FMIC

BR upper and lower i/c pipes powder coated in wrinkle black

Tial BOV's

BR Speed density kit

BR oil catch can kit

BR coolant over flow can

BR intakes

BR filters

BR ported upper/lower intake manifold

2014 turbo inlets

BR twin 400 pumps

BR Flex Fuel kit

BR Cobb Pro Tuned

The first pull on the dyno the car put down 520'ish whp at 12 psi on the first initial tune I put together for it.  The power rose every single pull until I finished it up.  

The dyno sheet below is the highest hp/torque GT-R we've done to date on the stock turbo and I didn't lean on it at all.  This was the E70 tune, AFR's in the 11.7 range, left boost low with a peak of 20.3 and timing was also left low.  

The car is quite amazing and with 595 whp and 600 ft lbs should be an EASY 9 second GT-R on a good set of tires.  For reference my car ran 10.25 with 525 whp.

One other thing I want to add to this for those of you unfamiliar with our dyno and how it reads.  When I use our dyno it is set to factory calibrations and reads low.  When other shops have used this dyno for GTR tuning they have manipulated the numbers to sell parts and made it read like a Dynojet (and higher at times).  So for reference, the dyno reads 13% less than a Dynojet, verified many times.  To put that into perspective these numbers on a Dynojet AWD dyno would be 672 whp and 678 ft lbs of torque.  Pretty incredible.

Attached Images

• photo 2.45.16 PM.JPG

• Evolunchbox and shawnhayes like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.
BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.
Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,632 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
David are you gonna try to run it this weekend also?
There are some other members running at a private rental somewhere in middle ohio.
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

Very nice!

Congrats to the owner!

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

I am running at the NOPI event with my GTR on Sunday, that's at National Trails. 

www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.
BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.
Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

2highpsi

2highpsi

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 06-December 13
  • LocationCambridge, OH

Brian is very happy with the car.  I can't wait to take a ride in it tomorrow.

He will be at the private rental tomorrow. (also at National Trails)  Him and I are both FBO E85 stock turbo cars, so we will definitely get them lined up.

Anyone that wants to attend we still have some spots, hit me up.  

Otherwise, I will report back with results tomorrow night.

I MAY also be at Import Face Off Sunday.  Guess we will see what tomorrow brings first.

Edited by 2highpsi, 25 April 2014 - 07:03 PM.

• Tim and Buschur Racing like this

2014 Deep Blue Pearl Track Edition GT-R Alpha 7+  #80 of 160

PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
Good luck!
  • Buschur Racing likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buschur racing, fmic, twin pumps, front mount intercooler, cobb, flex fuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users