Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Endless E-Slit rotors

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

viccaerter

viccaerter

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Anyone here have any experience with the Endless E-Slit rotors?  They look kinda interesting and I'd like to know how they stack up against the APs, Alcon, RB....

http://www.endlessus...ng-rotor-e-slit

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
i have one picture of them cracked ... i had made a post of it somewhere and linked the Japanese blog where i found it showing the guys video of his track driving. i cant remember how many track days he had. my laptop with all the info died a few months ago so i cant recover the info.

tbo stick with what is proven and affordable by the hard core track.guys here. pfc, ap, alcon and rb brakes (i wouldnt be able to rate them in order but pfc seems to be the higher end of them all from what ive read.

i would like to see someone try out the dixel high carbon content rotors tho, i think svm and top racing use them.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,161 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

For endless, go the full brake kit..

automotive_connoisseur_group_endless_bra

Very good reviews.

I am going with the new RacingBrake system, and will let everyone know about how hard they can be pushed.

Shawn

• Tim, BCpuller, changster and 1 other like this

viccaerter

viccaerter

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

That is quite a pretty pic there shawn.  More than I'm able to splurge on I'm sure.  I was just wondering if anyone had any experience beating on these in the states.  I've been told these are popular in japan.

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

Those pads look extra thick and meaty!

2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
anyone have a review of the endless calipers? i was told they were really good but no details were givin. username "First" on life had them years ago, but i cant remember what he told me about them.

but they do use these rotors in japan... where as in the states we dont use them so much... probably due to price?

Gtrx

Gtrx

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 16-November 13
Guys, just my experience...

Am on Endless forged mono bloc 400mm kit.
Journey: From stock calipers with AP j hooks...using mx72's to DTC70/60's, I then moved to Alcon superkit. Alcons were one step better in terms of pedal feel (even though pad area is smaller), and I tried them with RS29's and Carbotech xp12's. RS29's were low wear but would not brake as good as carbo's...but carbo's were not great for street.

Then I went for a Endless 387mm all round kit with the MX72 pads.... On the streets the bite was the usual MX 72 no significant change, but the experience on the first high speed run was mind blowing....no fade, no drama ...

Then I spoke to a few trackies and they swore on the 400mm kit. The guys in my area have run and compared Stillen CCM rotors and the endless kit performance on track. The general opinion is still endless as it offers a wide variety of pads with a superb brake feel. I have also not seen many trackies worry about brake cooling. The irony is the MX72's behave so differently on endless calipers ...as in the pads are used in street and do a damn good job on the endless system and being 1" thick both the rotors and pads don't seem to wear as much as other systems. Braking down from 140mph to 45mph in 120 meters doesn't seem an issue with this combo. During high speed braking from 190mph to 60mph ....there is no drama either, the effort on the pedals are about half of what I have put on other systems....the feel is that good. I have not heard of any one endless kit user revert to anything else, except for more aggressive w007 pads for heavy track sessions.

I know it is expensive largely because of the light weight mono block forging which gives an extremely rigid caliper and carbon infused rotors, and some of us are good with this setup. Btw, 400 x 36mm in front and 387 x 34 mm at rear...

Regards
  • icarus and 7racer like this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 955 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Anyone here have any experience with the Endless E-Slit rotors?  They look kinda interesting and I'd like to know how they stack up against the APs, Alcon, RB....

http://www.endlessus...ng-rotor-e-slit

Their application guide lists their Racing E-slit GT-R front rotors for $1640 each and the rears for $1500, so $6280 for a set. That is killer expensive for 4 iron discs and hats. They have a good reputation as a brake company but I cannot see them being a better iron rotor than AP or PFC. At those prices I would just by carbon ceramic matrix Corvette rotors and the conversion kit of hats and spacers.

viccaerter

viccaerter

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I've been talking to a vendor that is working on getting just the rings for OEM hats.  They are coming in way less than the whole rotor setup.  This is what spawned my question about any experience with the endless discs.  They still aren't the cheapest by a long shot, but if they have the durability, they may just be a contender in value.

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

One of the keys in why everyone raves about the Endless kit might be because of how thick the pads are.  More heat capacity in the pad = less fade, less wear on rotors, etc.

2014 NISSAN GT-R

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

I have been testing the new RB Brake setup. I was able to get the new XR-70's pads for both my front and rear setup. I also purchased the RB Brake rotors as well for my racing setup. Last year I ran the Endless ME-20's with the Alcons/AP J-Hooks and then the RB Brake rotors. I just finished a two day session at Dayonta (5) session a day for 30 minutes each day. That's a total of 5 hours of racing. I ran the XR-70s and have 90% left of pad. I measured them prior to putting them on, so when I am done with Robling this weekend I will post the different thickness once I get back. I like the setup so far working together with the RB Rotors and Pads. I do not have any fade in the pads and total confidence in the setup. No shakes or vibrations.

Like I said, I am going to a smaller track and I want to get these things heated up pretty hot and see how they do. Daytona is great for 190 mph and coming down to 100 in the bus stop, but you have a ton of road to cool them down. I like the RB design because of the open slot. I know we are all different and have our likes, however after running two years on ME-20's I am liking the XR-70's. The ME's kept eating my rotors. The XR's squeak just like the ME-20s.

This year I am going with the complete RB setup for the One Lap of America event. I will also post before and after pictures once done.

• ian.r and 7racer like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,886 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Hey kman. Do you have any sort of brake cooling set up?

In7anity!!

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

Hey kman. Do you have any sort of brake cooling set up?

No. Nothing.

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
Will you be running the new RB calipers? They look awesome.
2014 NISSAN GT-R

MadeInSweden

MadeInSweden

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 10-March 13
  • LocationSweden

Endless in the US, where is the best place to purchase?

533115_563497750336176_1732994321_n.jpg

2012 GT-R - Heigo roll cage - PFC 405mm brakes - PFC pads - Rear cam - Sparco bucket seat - Sparco 4pt harnesses - Reinforces gear box - Dodson gearbox oil - Motul fluid in differentials - KW sleeve kit - OEM 20" wheels and tires for street - OEM 2010 and Toyo R888's for track - Best BTG @ Nürburgring 07:42

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 374 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan
Have the full race Super GT Kit! Love it, great for street or track!IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1812.jpg

Attached Images

• IMG_1815.jpg

Edited by jdmrb1, 25 May 2020 - 05:53 PM.

• thehelix112, shawnhayes and droptopp like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,505 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Those are nuts. Nice!

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 374 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan
A few more rotor pic65ddf21dda909b158d02fe6f1dfff95a.jpg

Edited by jdmrb1, 15 June 2020 - 01:01 AM.

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 374 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan
da237db768eaa6040d574f3a718a7530.jpg
  • 7racer likes this

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 374 posts