Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SNEAK PEEK - The Ultimate Flex-Fuel setup unveiled!

- - - - - gt-r ethanol flex fuel plugnplay car not on fire ultimate flex fuel solution e85 e10

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

POPULAR

Come and see for yourself the proper way to enjoy "Corn on the Cobb!"

With the release of Cobb Tuning's support for Flex Fuel on the R35, I'm very happy to show you the ultimate Ethanol Flex Fuel mod for the GT-R.

The first and only All-in-One Plug'n'Play Flex Fuel cable for the GT-R:

7CXtyQzm.jpg  UlLVqq7m.jpg TOF1ETxm.jpg
The GT-R's only "Smart Flex Fuel" cable.

This drastically different and innovative approach to a GT-R Flex Fuel upgrade combines an integrated Ethanol Content Analyzer micro-controller embedded directly in the wiring harness between the Ethanol Content Sensor and the car's factory engine bay harness. This exclusive discrete setup eliminates the cumbersome and time consuming need to wire up 3rd party content analyzers which are not suited for engine bay installations and are often installed out of view in the cabin, negating the immediate benefits of their display screen.

When installed with the included Super-Bright LED warning indicator, the Smart Flex Fuel system provides unparalleled feedback to tuners and drivers about sensor and fuel conditions.

l3s8rF2m.jpg

Built with NEW factory and OEM proper connectors, this harness installs directly into both content sensor and engine bay harness connectors without the need to cut or splice any wires.

RmZ58Pfm.jpg

Here's why the Smart Flex Fuel cable is the way to go:

• 100% Weatherproof construction.  Use of premium high thermal efficiency electronics resin for engine bay installation.
  • OEM and Factory harness connectors for direct connect installation
  • Manufactured with highest spec SAE J-1128 automotive wiring
  • High quality MADE IN USA circuit board, and electronic components.  ROHS compliant
  • Additional I/O on 3rd connector for forward compatibility with various engine management platforms
  • Unmatched sensor and fuel feedback via Super-Bright LED warning indicator​

Great care was taken in the design of this system to minimize cost and maximize feature and ease of installation.    A conscious design decision was made to use very high grade components and local manufacturing processes to ensure the highest product quality.

P8gdkx4.jpg

About the Super-Bright LED warning indicator:

iU4DrDjm.jpg

Included with the Smart Flex Fuel system, this highly visible, grommet mounted, LED indicator provides a series of easy to understand feedback codes to insure drivers and tuners have realtime fuel information.   While other third party Ethanol Content Analyzers offer a single generic sensor error, the Smart Flex Fuel has both permanent and transient blink codes for both sensor and fuel quality parameters that require immediate attention, such

• Sensor disconnected  (1 blink / s transient)   0% Ethanol reported
  • Sensor failed self diagnostic (4 blink /s transient) 0% Ethanol reported
  • Fuel Water contamination ( Permanent Light)  100% Ethanol reported
  • Engine start up Ethanol Content Report ( 1 blink per 10% ethanol, rounded up.   eg: 0% ethanol = 1 blink ,   85% ethanol = 9 blink ) **
  • Fuel Temperature High Warning ( Quick double blink , transient ) **
  • Other features under consideration prior to ship

Also included in the Smart Flex Fuel system is a 3rd I/O connector to provide additional output compatibility.   All in all the system provides the following 6 wires:

• Vcc (+12VDC)
  • Ground
  • LED driver (Ground)
  • 5V conditioned PWM output (for 3rd party engine management with PWM input capability)
  • 0-5V Analog output Ethanol Content
  • 0-5V Analog output Fuel Temperature Sensor

The Smart Flex Fuel cable will launch to market with the GotBoost Performance Flex Fuel product.  
A retail DIY harness will also be available from GotBoost Performance shortly after.  Preorder at discounted rate available shortly!
A future offerings of a universal pigtailed harness will also be unveiled at a later time for maximum platform compatibility.
Other platform Plug'n'Play harness will be considered based on demand! 

This product will also be made available to a SELECT GROUP of VENDORS with their own Flex Fuel product. CONTACT DAVE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED!!!!!

The initial retail price for the DIY Smart Flex Fuel will be $159!!! 

When compared to other vendors offering Flex Fuel setup, this means the following typical cost comparison:
Their 3rd party Content Analyzer: $200
Their Harness: $30
Their Secondary MAF Harness: $200
Their Total cost: $430

(you read that right, this product costs less than the other vendor's optional plug'n'play connectors alone!)

Contact me for more information.

- No corn was harmed in the making of this product
- No junkyards were raided to make this product
- No cars were set on fire in the making of this product

- This product was designed to showcase innovation vs copying

sxbuARys.jpg

Edited by NickTO, 24 March 2014 - 12:54 PM.

• Polivoks, Tim, ian.r and 7 others like this

GT-R Heritage MAKES AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

NICK YOUR A FUNNY FUCKER DUDE  :D   - TIM 2015 & 2016.  2 Years Running!

paparazzi

paparazzi

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13
  • LocationTrinidad & Tobago

Great stuff

(LOL at car not on fire tag)

JDM Mine's dry carbon Spec X 6.0 with genuine Spec-V turbos 
617ft lb and 652whp on MS109E

KrieGTR

KrieGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13
  • LocationSLC, UT
WIN! :-)
09' SS GTR BPU

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Think they'll let you sell it on GTRLife?

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

ALPHA Performance

ALPHA Performance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,708 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

VERY impressive Nick! Great job to both you and Dave :)

Eric

Ty Curtin

ty@amsperformance.com 

World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's 7's AND THE 6's!!!!!!!

Alpha Queen - 6.87 @ 216 mph

Alpha G 6.93 @ 196 | Alpha 22 (Prime Cuts) 7.06 @ 206 | Alpha 22 (CMC) 7.32 @ 184 | Alpha Omega 7.48 @ 193 | Alpha W (a10x) 7.56 @ 189 | Alpha X (Curtis) 7.66 @ 187 

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Think they'll let you sell it on GTRLife?

The simple answer is: I am not selling this product.  

Other vendors will include it in their Flex Fuel kits, and GotBoost Performance will sell the DIY standalone cable.

SkylineEX-S

SkylineEX-S

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 03-October 13
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Nick,

Is there a place close to Mississauga that sells E85?

The only thing that I found searching is a place in Streetsville sells a blend of E98...

2013 Pearl White / Premium / Akrapovic Evolution exhaust / LED bulbs / JDM front clears / MPSS 285/295 / Volk G25 Prism Dark Silver / ...

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

No there isn't.   You can either *cough* make it yourself.

Or , I buy it (for testing this product) in Niagara Falls, NY at the Sunoco on Pine St, between 9th and 10th.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Wow what a great piece and price!! Can I order one for my build??

In7anity!!

dave@gotboostperformance

dave@gotboostperformance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 23-December 12

Wow what a great piece and price!! Can I order one for my build??

No problem,

We can set you up for everything you need for a flex fuel install also!

• 7racer likes this

2009 Titanium w/ GBP 900 Package

got-boost-2.gif

GTeeR

GTeeR

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 06-March 13
  • LocationSoFlo

Good stuff, Nick!

2013 Gunmetal BE - AMS Alpha 9+, AMS forged internals, Alpha cams, Alpha induction kit and Race I/C, Shep Stage 2.5 trans, etc. 

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Already great feedback from HiBoost.

I'll be revising the final product firmware so that any irregular Ethanol reading (disconnected, failed self-check, etc) will result in 100% ethanol reading output (5v) to ensure failsafe scenario on the engine side  for those errors that previously would output 0v instead.

• HiBoost likes this

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

162350.jpg

ALPHA Performance

ALPHA Performance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,708 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

Ty Curtin

ty@amsperformance.com 

World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's 7's AND THE 6's!!!!!!!

Alpha Queen - 6.87 @ 216 mph

Alpha G 6.93 @ 196 | Alpha 22 (Prime Cuts) 7.06 @ 206 | Alpha 22 (CMC) 7.32 @ 184 | Alpha Omega 7.48 @ 193 | Alpha W (a10x) 7.56 @ 189 | Alpha X (Curtis) 7.66 @ 187 

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,928 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Great Stuff Nick&Dave

Tony1

Tony1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

Awesome, good job guys!

T1racedevelopment.com

Injectordynamics.com

214-607-9022

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

John Goodman once said in an interview, that the highlight of his career was smashing a Corvette with a crowbar.  It is also my understanding that he lobbied hard for the role of Walter White in Breaking Bad, but Vince Gilligan wanted someone with a little less star power.

2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

Doug3226

Doug3226

Heritage MVP

• OEM Member
  • 948 posts
  • Joined 25-December 12
  • LocationOhio

That is great Nick & Dave!  two great minds helping the GTR community for the right reasons. You could have easily spun it and sold it for 6-$700 but I know that's not what you guys are all about.  :thumbsup:

• M O N S T E R likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

No problem,

We can set you up for everything you need for a flex fuel install also!

Jotech is doing my build so not sure what I will need.  I sent Kenny a link to see what I would need to do this.  Not really looking at HP but to keep the car running cooler at the track...only problem will be availability of the fuel.  I know at MSR Cresson it can be hard to get.

Also didn't see any at COTA...

In7anity!!

NickTO

NickTO

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

POPULAR

That is great Nick & Dave!  two great minds helping the GTR community for the right reasons. You could have easily spun it and sold it for 6-$700 but I know that's not what you guys are all about.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Doug!   And you're right, the initial feedback I got, testing the waters for the pricing sweet spot, showed that this could sell just as easily in the $300+ range.   But that would be a GT-R Tax greed cash grab.  I will try my best to keep the price of the product in its current price range. I know some of the other product I made had to have a price increase at some point because some of the component cost went up, I'll try to be mindful of this.

To be sure we were tracking value, I tried to get the cost down as much.  I shrank the microcontroller layout until the cost started going up, but I also did not compromise or cut any corner on component quality.

I also specifically chose to fab the PCBs in the US.  It would've been a HELL of a lot cheaper to get it made in China (about 50x cheaper per pc) but I chose not to, also made sure surface mounts components were either ROHS compliant or ROHS exempt; this meant paying more for those components.    Another overlooked quality component is the electonic resin used to make the whole thing sealed, it's a 'primo' volume stable and heat conductive (rare) formulation that actually costs quite a bit! ... I could go on and on, but you get the drift :)

At the end of the dev cycle, I'm pretty happy that Dave can deliver a great product at a fair market price while respecting the GT-R owners pocketbooks.

• Polivoks, ian.r, Doug3226 and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gt-r, ethanol, flex fuel, plugnplay, car not on fire, ultimate flex fuel solution, e85, e10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users