Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aftermarket Camshafts on FBO?

- - - - - cam camshaft fbo gtr gsc stock turbo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

KrieGTR

KrieGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13
  • LocationSLC, UT

Has anyone put aftermarket cams on a FBO car? 

I'm considering getting the new GSC S2 cams while I'm still FBO. I'm in the process of picking up some SIR USM turbo's and hope they will work well with those, but curious how they will work on stock turbo's.

I know when I had my Evo IX, I was really impressed with the GSC S2's on the stock turbo setup. Around a 35-40hp gain with very minimal lag increase. 

DK

http://www.power-div...88&cat=0&page=1

09' SS GTR BPU

Cicio

Cicio

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

It's usually a bit too labor intensive to make it worthwhile on the stock motor. We generally only do them when we are doing a motor build. Keep in mind that you need to run an upgraded set of valve springs and retainers with the S2 Camshafts. The turbo upgrade is already going to be capable of pushing the limits of the factory internals, so I don't honestly see the logic in doing them on a bolt on car.

~N.Cicio

49579549671_a4d8b9958b_z.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770
Email: cicio@cicioperformance.com
cicioperformance.com

Doug3226

Doug3226

Heritage MVP

• OEM Member
  • 948 posts
  • Joined 25-December 12
  • LocationOhio

Has anyone put aftermarket cams on a FBO car? 

I'm considering getting the new GSC S2 cams while I'm still FBO. I'm in the process of picking up some SIR USM turbo's and hope they will work well with those, but curious how they will work on stock turbo's.

I know when I had my Evo IX, I was really impressed with the GSC S2's on the stock turbo setup. Around a 35-40hp gain with very minimal lag increase. 

DK

http://www.power-div...88&cat=0&page=1

Check with Bill, he has a set of cams he uses with his stage 3's and USM'S  that work really well...its his spec set up, I doubt he will post it on the thread.

M O N S T E R

M O N S T E R

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,551 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationNJ

Check with Bill, he has a set of cams he uses with his stage 3's and USM'S  that work really well...its his spec set up, I doubt he will post it on the thread.

I believe you're referring to Tomei's poncams. Which are great for FBO/bastard set ups. The duration of the S2's provide space down range of the RPM band, which is suitable for large leggy turbos that make power up top.

c0b71d63-fe57-44f8-8afc-9ddd372abf9a_zps

Elganja

Elganja

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13

i'm considering doing something similar ... I may build my motor before adding turbo's, and while the motor is out, I'll port the heads and add cams

looking forward to your results ... keep us updated!

***SOLD*** 2014 Pearl White Nissan GTR Black Edition (SBD1000 + FBO), Baker Performance Built, Ben Linney Tuned
--9.040@153.00mph on SBD1000's
--9.575 @ 141.43mph on e85 (Stock Turbo World Record Holder)
--10.025 @ 135.12mph on 93 Octane (Stock Turbo 93 Oct World Record Holder)
--2015 TX2K GTR Class 1 Champion

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cam, camshaft, fbo, gtr, gsc, stock turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users