Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Firearm thread

* * * * * 1 votes hunting pewpew

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Doober75

Doober75

Stock

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-February 16

I just texted Scott from Zev and he said they are selling stripped slides.

For the record: I still love my Zev modded glocks.

Thanks for the reply. I know you're from PA but I'm not sure what part, so this might be a long shot, but have you dealt with Syndicate Arms? They are out of Wexford and are the only distributor even remotely close to me.

Worst case, I call and talk to someone at zev direct and get on the same page and send out what I have to. Everything they do looks awesome.

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Gave Cerakote application a try. Here's my result using the Armor Black H-Series with a $10 Spray Can system vs a $100+ HVLP Spray gun/Air Brush. I found others used this method with great results so I decided to give it a go.

1.jpg

Everything used:

Cerakote H-Series - $30

Respirator - $15

Aircraft Grade Stripper - $12 (Do not use if you don't want to strip to bare metal, will remove parkerizing)

Preval Spray Can - $10

Brake Cleaner- Already owned

Spare Oven - Already owned (300 Degrees for 1-2 hours or 175-200 for plastic at 3 hours)

Gloves - Already Owned

220,400 Grit Sand paper - Already owned (NOT Recommended, Sand/Bead blasting is much more effective than sanding by hand for 2-3hrs. The surface must be uniform for proper adhesion)

Total: $67 Assembled

Edited by Dan_585, 10 March 2017 - 03:47 PM.

• Tim, 7racer and Evolunchbox like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Turned out great man
  • Dan_585 likes this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Turned out great man

Thanks! It was my first time messing with an AK. Fun project for sure. 

• Tim likes this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Bad news. After about 150rds the rifle had a catastrophic malfunction. The force from firing broke the welds on the TWS recoil spring/rail cover release button.

Thankfully nothing blew up in my hands/face. Most likely returning the rail cover due to it having a serious design flaw and going back to the standard Saiga dust cover.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Dude that sucks..glad your allrite. That could of sucks more than it already has to.

• Dan_585 likes this

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

Bad news. After about 150rds the rifle had a catastrophic malfunction. The force from firing broke the welds on the TWS recoil spring/rail cover release button.

Thankfully nothing blew up in my hands/face. Most likely returning the rail cover due to it having a serious design flaw and going back to the standard Saiga dust cover.

I'm sure that gave you a WTF face? Glad you're ok!

• Dan_585 likes this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Dude that sucks..glad your allrite. That could of sucks more than it already has to.

I'm sure that gave you a WTF face? Glad you're ok!

Thanks guys appreciate it. It was an interesting experience for sure. 

I believe the TWS rail cover being bolted on saved me from experiencing something like this. 

I showed the gunsmith at the range when it happened and his jaw dropped. Told me he's never seen anything like it in all his years. 

Edit #1: Ammunition was standard WOLF 7.62x39mm. Almost certain it wasn't a bad round. The rear welds broke on the rail cover button/spring. Everything else was fine. 

Head space is perfect. 

Edit #2: Texas Weapon Systems is going to send me a new one to test. They say this has only happened once before out of thousands.

I'll probably test it out behind cover, not trying to have my hand/face fucked up. 

Edited by Dan_585, 23 March 2017 - 02:07 PM.

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Have this bad boy for sale. If anyone's interested i'll give the GTRHeritage discount.

AX338 Top Shot.png

https://www.gunbroke.../item/864622022

Texas Weapon Systems did send out a new cover that worked. 1000+ rounds no problems. 

• Tim and droptopp like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Nice piece..Really nice.. I have a LMT 308 BNIB I’m listing this week

• droptopp and Dan_585 like this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Thanks man. It's a cherry for sure. Only reason i'm selling is so i can do a built motor  :)

• Tim likes this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,703 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Decided to keep that AX338. Too special to let go, will build the motor later on. The rifle was featured on The History Channel, Top Shot, and Person of Interest in 2010-2012. Rare factory fluted barrel and special serial #. More than capable of accurate 1 mile+ shots with a shooter that knows their stuff. 

Picked up this brute- 'John Wick Edition' Kel-Tec KSG 14+1 with 2 3/4" or 22+1 with 1 3/4" mini shells. (Can't run minis due to NY magazine capacity limit)

Range time next weekend to sight her in  :D

20200928_210416.jpg

• Tim and sam2avila like this

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 125 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15
Always wanted one of these. Benelli M4 A17faaf915438f90eaf7d50e42d63f0e66.jpg
  • choerizo and droptopp like this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,791 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

awesome. how many rounds can it hold?

• sam2avila likes this

sam2avila

sam2avila

Stage 1 Member

• 125 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15

awesome. how many rounds can it hold?

Thanks man, 7 in the tube, 1 chambered, and I heard can ghost another in the carrier.
  • droptopp likes this

Geno88

Geno88

Stage 1 Member

• 135 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

With all that's going on, I finally got a Benelli 12G, S&W 9mm and .38 for the little lady. only 500 rounds for each. Will add as I stock up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users