Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Jotech ETS Gen II GTX3584RS *In7anity*

* * * * * 3 votes hks gt1000 transmission jotech

• Please log in to reply
1304 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,848 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

POPULAR

Thanks - much appreciated. That Hoosier tire

How was the mountain ? Make summit ?

the mountain was TOUGH this year.  It rained on us the first 4-5 days of the climb.  On one of the higher acclimation climbs there was 4 inches of snow we had to plod thru!

it cleared on summit day when we tried to make our push but at about 17000ft my friend got HACE and we decided it was safer to turn around and head done.

on the way down we ran into other guides going up and they told us there had already been 2 deaths on the mountain that morning and the helicopter had to do at least 6 recess that day  :huh:

it was still awesome.  I love big mountains.  It then got super chill as we safari'd the next 5 days!

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

• Tim, gtrnut, droptopp and 2 others like this

In7anity!!

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,911 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Damn, HACE is pretty serious. Do they train you to look out for it and be honest about it. Gotta be tough when your so close to the summit.

“Although AMS is not life-threatening, HACE is usually fatal within 24 hours if untreated. Without treatment, the patient will enter a coma and then die. In some cases, patients have died within a few hours, and a few have survived for two days.”
  • Formidable likes this
TSM Billet Crank 4.1 w/ CP billet pistons, TSM Elite Prime turbos, TSM Wet Sump Oling upgrade, flex fuel, ETS mid and down pipe, STM titanium axle back, STM race FMIC, ID2000’s, Shep One K with drop gears and all the goodies., DS Axles, Volk Saga 18” 10/12” (MT ET Streets), Advan GT Premium 20” R888. 1450+ hp / 1210+ tq

Old setups : Alpha 9 w/ AMS 3.8, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.1 billet crank, GTX3582R Gen II w/ AMS 4.0 big bore billet crank and of course FBO E85.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,782 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Bob. Those pics are insane...insane..unsane

• Formidable likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,848 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Damn, HACE is pretty serious. Do they train you to look out for it and be honest about it. Gotta be tough when your so close to the summit.

“Although AMS is not life-threatening, HACE is usually fatal within 24 hours if untreated. Without treatment, the patient will enter a coma and then die. In some cases, patients have died within a few hours, and a few have survived for two days.”

no they don't train you to look for AMS but do for altitude sickness, but the more experience climbers are.  When I did Elbrus one of the climbers was our "doc" of the group and she gave the ultimate orders if she saw HACE or HAPE.  When we booked the trip our trip group paid a bit extra to have the porters carry an oxygen tank when we did our summit.  When we decided to turn around we actually had to travers e up another 500ft to a safe area to cross to go back down...they strapped the oxygen on my friend and basically ran down the mountain with him.

He had two guys on either side and they flew.  I was solo and right behind but couldn't keep up!

• thehelix112 and Formidable like this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,848 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Bob. Those pics are insane...insane..unsane

couple more!

IMG_1869.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

Edited by 7racer, 10 November 2019 - 08:33 PM.

• Tim, Yinger and Formidable like this

In7anity!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hks, gt1000, transmission, jotech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users