Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

chat room: Use it :)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

ALPHA Performance

ALPHA Performance

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,702 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

POPULAR

For those not familiar there is a link to a chat room on the upper right hand side of the screen. It's a great way to get to know members and its a unique feature not found on most sites. Its also a great way to pick my brain if you every feel the need :)

Eric

• Polivoks, carpinteyrozjd, TNCASEY and 5 others like this

Ty Curtin

ty@amsperformance.com 

World's First Nissan R35 GT-R in the 9's, 8's 7's AND THE 6's!!!!!!!

AlphaG - 6.93 @ 196 mph

Alpha Q - 7.05 @ 209  | Alpha Omega - 7.48 @ 193 | Alpha X (CMC) 7.61 @ 189 | Alpha X (DriveWire) 7.62 @ 190 | Alpha X (Curtis) 7.66 @ 187 

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

+1 many great chats, lots of brain picking, great friends and meet new people.

EDIT:

*******************************************Chat issues*******************************************

-Chat will be disconnected when opening new TAB on iphone/ipad

-Private chats are surprising. when you get a private chat it pops up as your main chat room and you will see on the right side which member your chatting with. There are different sounds when private chat is being replied in and it shows how many times the other person has replied next to his/her name on the right side. you can switch between both the main chat and private chat... however if your scrolling up in either of the discussions and switch back to another discussion and switch back, the scroll position ends back up at the bottom, not where you left off (cause some people like to read what they missed above).

-Chat scrolling issues can be fixed by turning your browser extensions/plugins off, or start your browser with them off

Firefox:
hover over FIREFOX menu, hover over HELP menu and select and click on "Restart with add-ons dissabled"
or press ALT+ H + R

Chrome its a bit different. you will have to make a shortcut on your windows desktop by right clicking and create new shortcut. then find chrome.exe (this is located in your root directory, usually c:\program files (x86)\google\chrome\chrome.exe
after choosing the location you will be able to edit that and you will add the text at the end of that to say  --disable-extensions
it should look similar to this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-extensions
then press next and name the shortcut something like Chrome without extensions or whatever you want.

*******************************************Chat issues*******************************************
Let me know if you see anything else.

GTRDREAM

GTRDREAM

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

+2 it has been great chatting up the people on this forum and getting to know them

2009 Titanium GT-R

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

I use it a lot... 

Posted Image

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

if no one is in chat, i suggest opening the chat window and just sit in there for a while and go check out the internet, facebook, forums, whatever. another thing you could do is open it up on your phone browser while your doing something and just wait (some are doing this already).

Neil Switzer

Neil Switzer

Stage 3 Member

• 377 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

For those not familiar there is a link to a chat room on the upper right hand side of the screen. It's a great way to get to know members and its a unique feature not found on most sites. Its also a great way to pick my brain if you every feel the need :)

Eric

A/S/L? :P ;)

"All around nice guy"

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,399 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Bringing back some 90s chat room memories there lol.

GTRG2

GTRG2

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 01-January 13

Bringing back some 90s chat room memories there lol.

ahha so true .. those days were actually amazing ! I miss the 90s 

480a1bc9-a70e-4531-a9b9-9c8c8f0745ad.jpg

4.1L Alpha 12 - Canadas First 8 Second GTR ... PB 8.7 @ 163 mph on the COBB

Shep

Shep

Stage 2.5 Member

• Vendors
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
  • LocationOhio

That's what I thought reminded me of MIRC days, very cool.

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Hey Zac, is there any way to get a chatroom that uses IRC so that people can use the chat software via web and use mIRC client too?

GTRG2

GTRG2

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 01-January 13

Love the chatroom 

480a1bc9-a70e-4531-a9b9-9c8c8f0745ad.jpg

4.1L Alpha 12 - Canadas First 8 Second GTR ... PB 8.7 @ 163 mph on the COBB

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,399 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

That's what I thought reminded me of MIRC days, very cool.

What networks/channels were you on?

Hey Zac, is there any way to get a chatroom that uses IRC so that people can use the chat software via web and use mIRC client too?

In theory it is possible, but when I looked into it when the site launched, there wasn't anything "off the shelf" that would integrate IRC and the forum. I have a few ideas on how I can do this though - most likely just install IRCd and a web based IRC client and then code something to set your username automatically to your name here when you connect via web. It is still going to take many hours of research and implementation though from this point. After TX2K I'm going to start on it.

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,399 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Are there any specific days/times when a lot of people get on chat? We could post some times in this thread so new people could plan to join in.

BCpuller

BCpuller

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 658 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12
  • LocationBC, Canada

I go on pretty much every night at around 9pm PST for an hour or so depending on whats up. Heck I'm on right now. lol

As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character.

I'll be in the lounge..

Joined the heavy metal club. 

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
Give or take around 7-12pm. not every night tho.

ETS Michael

ETS Michael

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 394 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12
  • LocationVancouver, WA

hahah. Awesome AOL days. :)
Michael Roark - Extreme Turbo Systems - 360-896-3000 - Michael@extremeturbosystems.com

6.88@222mph - Fastest GT-R In The World!

255mph 1/2 Mile GT-R World Record

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

The new A/S/L is Y/M/H = model Year, Modifications, Horsepower (of one's GT-R!).

Posted Image

ModFreaksGTR

ModFreaksGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 05-March 13

Why does mine say "loading chat room" and then nothing ever comes up?

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

what browser are you using? do you have any plugins/extensions etc running? ive not seen that issue, but i dunno if anyone else has.

try a different browser and report back maybe? else we can try and disable some plugins or extensions if any are installed.

if your using an older version of your browser it may cause issues too. so it may help to update your browser to the latest version. like internet  explorer is version 10 now i think? firefox is in its late teens, i forget. chrome iirc updates itself. im not sure about apple products.

UrbanHotrod

UrbanHotrod

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13
Having issues loading the TX2 event anyone else? On my iPhone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users