Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buschur Racing weight thread.

* * * * * 1 votes buschur racing lightweight exhaust battery wheels downpipe midpipe intake

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

POPULAR

I thought I'd post up some useful information for those of you that are weight fanatics, like myself.  I will try to keep this up to date as we remove and weight components.  I like to use ONE scale for all this and we have a fairly expensive digital scale here we use for shipping.  

STOCK GTR PARTS:

(4) floor mats, 6#

Drivers seat, 66.3#

Passenger seat, 58.4#

Front tire/wheel, 62.6#

Rear tire/wheel, 67.8#

GTR front aluminum bumper, 10.5#

Downpipe/cat, 12.5#

Midpipe, 29.2#

Catback, 38.7#

Complete exhaust, downpipes, mid, catback 92.9#

Airbox/filter/intake, 8#

Battery and tray, 28#

SABS and pumps, 13.8#

(2)FMIC's, 15.2#

Complete stock i/c plumbing, 15.6#

Evap canister and hoses, 4.7#

A/C compressor and condensor, 20.7#

Front rotor, 25.7#

Rear rotor, 28.6#

*Total stock rotor weight is 108.6#

Rear parking brake shoe/assembly, 6.4# pair

Rear brake dust shields, 1# pair

Front strut, 17.2#

Rear strut, 15.8#

Rear Camber link-pair 3.2#

Rear Traction link-pair 4.2#

Rear Toe link-Titanium, 5#

Eibach front sway bar, 10.65#

Eibach rear sway bar, 10.4#

Stock rear sway bar with end link and end link brackets, 6.6#

Stock front sway bar with end links and brackets, 13.4#

Stock empty coolant tank, 2.8#

GTR axles (pair), COMPETE minus actual hub@wheel, 45.3 #

Stock hood, 26.6#

Stock trunk w/spoiler, 24.3#'s

Stock front spoiler, 13.2#'s

Stock door, 42.2#'s

Rear seat belts, 4#'s

Rear aluminum bumper beam, 14.2#

Front aluminum bumper beam, 11.2#

Rear exhaust heat shield, 1.9#

Sub and amp, 8.7#

Complete stock turbo heat shielding, 5.5#

Stock upper and lower intake manifold, 13.2#

Rear seats, upper/lower 12.8#'s

Rear seat belts, bolts and lower seat braces, 11.4#

Large aluminum panel behind rear seat back, 17#

Complete wiper motor/arm/blade assembly, 11#

2014 GTR, full tank of fuel, bone stock, 3925#'s.

AFTER MARKET PARTS USED AND RECOMMENDED BY BR:

Buschur Racing Kirky seat with bracket, 21.7#

Buschur Racing Kirky seat with bracket and slider, 28.4#

Buschur Racing carbon fiber, suede covered seat with mount, 21.9#.

Buschur Racing bolt in 4 point roll bar, 46.5#.

Buschur Racing intake, 4# 

Buschur Racing downpipes (pair), 9.8#

Buschur Racing mid pipe w/muffler, 16.4#

Buschur Racing mid pipe no muffler, 11.9#

Buschur Racing SETT exhaust, w/muffler, 23.1#

Buschur Racing SETT exhaust, no muffler, 18.6#

Buschur Racing downpipe, muffled mid and muffled rear, 49.3

Buschur Racing downpipe, unmuffled mid and muffler rear, 44.8#

Buschur Racing downpipe, unmuffled mid and rear, 39.8#

Buschur Racing 3" exhaust dumps, pair 3.2# 

Buschur Racing COMPLETE 4 point bolt in roll bar, 48.4# 

Complete turbo blanket cover, 2.5#

Buschur Racing Lithium battery kit and mount, 5.2#

Buschur Racing lead cel battery kit and mount, 15.1#

Buschur Racing Street FMIC, 31.7#

Buschur Racing Race FMIC, 33.5#

Buschur Racing complete upper/lower i/c pipe kit with clamps and couplings, 12.4#

Buschur Racing/Bogart 17"x10" rear wheel/M&H 275/50R/17, 48.5#

Buschur Racing/Bogart 17"x10" rear wheel/M&H  325/45R/17, 53.3#

Buschur Racing/Bogart 17"x10" rear wheel with Hoosier slick, 42.5#

Buschur Racing/Bogart 17"x10" rear wheel, 17.5#

Bogart 15"x11" non-beadlock, 15.6#

Bogart 15"x11" non-headlock with M&H 28x10.5x15 slick, 39.9#

AMS 17" drag wheel with Hoosier slick, 41.2#

FFT 19x10 +35 wheels, 23.7#

FFT 18x11 +18 wheels, 22.5#

AMS seat bracket, 5.4#
AMS flat carbon fiber trunk, 6.3#
AMS Duck bill carbon fiber trunk, 7.7#
AMS downpipes (pair), 15#

AMS mid pipe, non catted/non resonated, 15.1#

AMS Steet FMIC, 28.5#

Volk TE37 18x11, 20#

Volk TE37 18x10, 18.8#

Volk TE37 18x11 w/M&H 325/40/18, 53.5#

Volk TE37 18x10 w/M&H 275/45/18, 50#

Enkei PF01 18x9.5, 21.5#

M&H 275/50-17 Drag radial, 31#

Ivey Tune trans brake, 7.6#

Giro Disc front rotor, 22#  

Giro Disc rear rotor, 21.7#

*Total Giro Disc rotor weight is 87.4#

WGP CCM front rotor, 13.2#

WGP CCM rear rotor, 11.5#

*Total WGP rotor weight, 49.4#

Rear GTR Factory knuckle, CCM rotor, caliper and pad, 31.6#

BR 15" rear brake kit, slotted/drilled/vented rotor, cast caliper,  pads and knuckle, 24.9# 

Fortune Auto front strut, 13.2#

Fortune Auto rear strut,  9.8#

SPL Rear Camber link-Titanium, pair 3.6#

SPL Rear Rear Traction link-Titanium, pair 4#

SPL Rear Toe link-Titanium, 4.6#

Buschur Racing coolant tank, 1.4#

Buschur Racing Rear Tie Down, 3.1#

DSS rear axles, complete minus hubs@wheels, 45.7#

Titek short lug nuts, (20) 1.3#

OTHER AFTERMARKET PARTS 

Recaro Sportsman Seat with bracket, 50#

Sparco CF EVO w/custom brackets, 36#

Forgeline GA1R open lug, 18x10, 18.5#

Forgeline GA1R open lug, 18x11, 20#

Greddy 94m Ti exhaust, 22.7#

Stillen AP Racing front rotor, 15.2#

Stillen AP Racing rear rotor, 17.8#

AMS CCM rear rotor, 12.1#

AMS CCM front rotor, 13.3#

*Total AMS rotor weight is 50.8#

Password JDM CF hood, 14.8

Password JDM CF trunk with spoiler, 5#'s

Password JDM CF front spoiler, 9.8#'s

Mine's CF doors, 14.1#'s

Switzer resonated mid pipe, 20.8#

Switzer catback, 43.1#

Muteki Chrome closed end locking lugs nuts, 1.6#

Driven Innovations FMIC core only, 47.7#

HKS Legamax Exhaust, 43#

Greddy Ti cat back, 23.5#

JCR Carbon Intake, 3.7#

• Polivoks, Tim, Se7enGTR and 10 others like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.  

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.

Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

POPULAR

I'd now like to add some comments and thoughts of my own to this.

As heavy as the GTR is and as fast as they are at these heavy weights, nobody can argue that lighter is better.  If we could take 1000 pounds off a GTR the handling, braking and acceleration would be mind boggling faster.  The other upside to weight loss is it is absolutely astonishing how much easier it is on parts to not have to accelerate all that extra weight.

I have concentrated on the GTR weight as we have built parts and kept everything as light as possible, it only makes sense to do that.  The cost to manufacture lightweight parts is more than to just go with the standard run of the mill choices.  It's easy to find someone to bend tubing of .XXX thickness, dies are in stock, no added expense.   However when you choose to cut that .XXX in half is more costly, dies need to be bought, tubing is harder to work with etc.  It's worth the expense to me for my own car and should be in the thought process of anyone looking to upgrade a part, cost, weight, performance, design etc. all should be considered.

We have managed to make some of the most affordable parts for the GTR that are on the market, make them lighter and I believe with serious design advantages.

I'm going to cover a few of those things now.

Battery kits.  I wanted to put a Lithium battery in the car.  Yes, there were "kits" that consisted of a battery and a top strap.  That made no sense to me to mount a super light battery on a stock metal mounting tray.  We built a complete aluminum replacement tray to go with the battery and ended up with a complete kit that cost a lot less than competitor and weighed in at only 5.2 pounds, a savings of 22.8 pounds.

The stock intercooler on the car is obviously light, you can't make a lighter intercooler but the stock intercooler sucks.  We did however improve on the stock intercooler plumbing.  The stock plumbing weighs in at 15.6.  Our complete intercooler pipe kit with couplings and clamps weigh 12.4# AND we do not use ANY half assed 45 and 90 degree couplings in the kit, the kit is 100% mandrel bent and assembled with short straight sections of 4 ply silicone couplings and t-bolt clamps.  

Exhaust, we saved a ton of weight on the downpipes, 16 pounds.  

The mid pipe was another nice weight loss and we offer the LOWEST merge angle collector built, weight saved was 12.8 pounds and that is the mid pipe we offer WITH a muffler. The angle of the merge collector is absolutely crucial to the performance increase of the mid pipe.  Some of the designs out there are simply ridiculously terrible.  It doesn't take a degree in fluid dynamics to see how bad they are.  

Cat back.  This is another area where we were able to not only save considerable weight but our design is unique and offers much higher flow than and a unique design over anyone else's system.  On our SETT, muffled cat back we dropped 15.6 pounds.  If you will notice all exhausts offered for the GTR are built in the same basic manner.  The tips come straight out of the back of the car, what I mean by this is the tips run parallel to the center line of the chassis.  We did NOT do that.  We turned the tips to match the rear fascia of the car, which makes them appear basically the same way stock does but in reality under the car the tips are 45 degrees to the chassis.  So what does this mean?  Well every single exhaust offered has a very tight 90 degree bend at the axle area and then again at the back of the tips to make them fit in the car.  Quite frankly that is retarded.  By changing the tip rotation it allowed us to use less than a 45 degree bend at the axle and at the rear of the tips, this GREATLY increases flow of the exhaust, especially when you start reaching the limits of the flow.  We offer our exhaust in this same design with four tips and the exhaust exiting on both sides of the car like stock too.

As a side note, our complete exhaust system from the turbos to the rear with TWO mufflers in the system weigh in at 43.6 pounds LESS than the complete stock exhaust system.

Air intakes and filter kit.  We dropped the weight of the stock air boxes, intake tubes in HALF.  Our 3" intakes are also the easiest to install with no extra bracket to fight.  The filters we had built custom for our intakes lock in place requiring no bracket to hold them.  The filters are also larger in surface areas than any other (not requiring the front fascia to be removed) and have an additional opening on the end cone of the filter allowing even more airflow.

I'd like to note that there are a ton of people chasing records for this or that set up.  I believe if you take the time to look at some of these record setters you will find they had no exhaust systems on them, speakers missing, nothing but one racing seat left in the interior etc.  This is all well and good, I have no issue with it but need to state it to make my next point.

Why do I truly believe our products work better than the next guys?  Well my 2014 GTR with the parts listed above ran a best of 10.23 on 93 octane, with our full exhaust and other parts on the car, I truly don't think this is much of an accomplishment but it is, to date, the quickest pump gas stock GTR to run.  I find it almost humorous as it just kind of happened with no real effort put in.  This says a lot for the parts combination and tuning.  572 whp on our Mustang Dyno which is about 650 whp on a Dynojet.  

I will continue to add information to these first two posts as I get it.

Thank you all for reading.  Go enjoy your cars:)

• Tim, ian.r, Se7enGTR and 6 others like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Polivoks

Polivoks

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,399 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

As heavy as the GTR is and as fast as they are at these heavy weights, nobody can argue that lighter is better.

Thanks for posting this up! It's great having it all in one place from one scale.

Just going to say though that Mizuno-san will argue with you about weight. He just doesn't post here... ;)

• Buschur Racing likes this

Elganja

Elganja

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13

awesome thread ... thanks for the info!

***SOLD*** 2014 Pearl White Nissan GTR Black Edition (SBD1000 + FBO), Baker Performance Built, Ben Linney Tuned
--9.040@153.00mph on SBD1000's
--9.575 @ 141.43mph on e85 (Stock Turbo World Record Holder)
--10.025 @ 135.12mph on 93 Octane (Stock Turbo 93 Oct World Record Holder)
--2015 TX2K GTR Class 1 Champion

drmikems

drmikems

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
  • LocationBiloxi, MS

this is great to actually have someone weigh all the item, time consuming I'm sure but thanks for the info !!!

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Glad I can contribute!  

• 7racer likes this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,556 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Nice post!!

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,556 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
David, u had the Titan lithium battery and it failed. They and the battery company are sending me a free replacement but the ETA is unknown. Do you have a link to the battery that you use? I really only track the car so it sits in the garage for days. Can the battery handle that well?

In7anity!!

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

David, u had the Titan lithium battery and it failed. They and the battery company are sending me a free replacement but the ETA is unknown. Do you have a link to the battery that you use? I really only track the car so it sits in the garage for days. Can the battery handle that well?

I never had the Titan parts or battery kit.  The Lithium battery they used is the same as the one we use, Lithium Pro's.  They have stopped making them because of the re-charging issues with them.  Too many people charge them too fast and with too much power or the car alternator ruins them from having them really low and then hitting them with too much amperage from the alternator.  I recommend putting a trickle charger on them at all times or pulling the negative cable off.  We offer a lead battery too that is still lighter than stock, can be charged easily and fits in our aluminum tray, it's also cheap.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,556 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I never had the Titan parts or battery kit. The Lithium battery they used is the same as the one we use, Lithium Pro's. They have stopped making them because of the re-charging issues with them. Too many people charge them too fast and with too much power or the car alternator ruins them from having them really low and then hitting them with too much amperage from the alternator. I recommend putting a trickle charger on them at all times or pulling the negative cable off. We offer a lead battery too that is still lighter than stock, can be charged easily and fits in our aluminum tray, it's also cheap.

Crap. Sorry that was the iPhone autocorrect thing. I meant that "I" had the Titan unit. I was curious about yours so I could purchase to switch.

Can this handle a car driven monthly?
Or like you mentioned, trickle charge it?

In7anity!!

gtr34

gtr34

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
  • LocationPa

Great info Dave.  Thanks for all the input on the car.  What's next up for your car?

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Crap. Sorry that was the iPhone autocorrect thing. I meant that "I" had the Titan unit. I was curious about yours so I could purchase to switch.

Can this handle a car driven monthly?
Or like you mentioned, trickle charge it?

The battery has to stay in a constant state of charge, it has to be charged slowly at a low input.  So if it gets low and the car starts on it and then it's hit with high amperage from the alternator it will damage the battery.  I'd say if the car is going to sit for more than a few days at a time a trickily charge should be used on it. Currently the batteries are not being supplied or shipped, this is because of all the damaged batteries from improperly charging them too fast.  

Like I said, I have a lead battery that fits, it's cheap and about 1/2 the weight of stock.

• 7racer likes this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Great info Dave.  Thanks for all the input on the car.  What's next up for your car?

My car is having a bunch of work done now.  The transmission is currently out and being shipped to Ivey for his 1.5 build.  We also installed the Giro Disc lightweight rotors, Fortune Auto Suspension, our new Race FMIC kit and all new I/C pipes.  We are also pulling the upper and lower ported intake off and we have cut the plenums off to do a full port on them.  I also changed the Cobb V2 out for the new V3.  We will also  be making a new overflow catch can for the car.  I hate that big plastic POS that is in there and I want to make something smaller and tucked out of the way for the car.  Last we will be finishing up and releasing a new tie down for the rear of the car.  I absolutely HATE putting these cars on the dyno and in the trailer, there's just not an easy way to tie them down.  So I've developed a bolt in tie down for the rear of the car that we will be offering.  Be great for road racers too since they need a rear tow hook.

Thanks for asking!

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 755 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

So I've developed a bolt in tie down for the rear of the car that we will be offering.  Be great for road racers too since they need a rear tow hook.

Thanks for asking!

Fit on USDM 2010 which doesn't have the grill opening & threaded receptacle?

Thanks.

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,595 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13

The battery has to stay in a constant state of charge, it has to be charged slowly at a low input. So if it gets low and the car starts on it and then it's hit with high amperage from the alternator it will damage the battery. I'd say if the car is going to sit for more than a few days at a time a trickily charge should be used on it. Currently the batteries are not being supplied or shipped, this is because of all the damaged batteries from improperly charging them too fast.

Like I said, I have a lead battery that fits, it's cheap and about 1/2 the weight of stock.

Any pics of the lead battery that's half the weight? What's the price of this versus the lithium?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,556 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Any pics of the lead battery that's half the weight? What's the price of this versus the lithium?

+1

In7anity!!

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

This is our lead battery kit, comes with the same aluminum mounting tray that eliminates the bigger steel factory tray.  This battery by itself weighs in at 14.1 pounds and with the tray weighs only 15.6.  The factory battery is 28 pounds.  This kit is only $349 with the tray and cuts the factory weight in half.

https://secure.busch...b62e5eea7c1ff19

• Decz11 likes this

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

+1

Link with pics right about this post Tracer.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,595 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13

This is our lead battery kit, comes with the same aluminum mounting tray that eliminates the bigger steel factory tray. This battery by itself weighs in at 14.1 pounds and with the tray weighs only 15.6. The factory battery is 28 pounds. This kit is only $349 with the tray and cuts the factory weight in half.

https://secure.busch...b62e5eea7c1ff19

Thanks, can this battery handle not being driven for 4-5 days or should I keep a trickle charger on it?
  • 7racer likes this

gtr34

gtr34

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
  • LocationPa

My car is having a bunch of work done now.  The transmission is currently out and being shipped to Ivey for his 1.5 build.  We also installed the Giro Disc lightweight rotors, Fortune Auto Suspension, our new Race FMIC kit and all new I/C pipes.  We are also pulling the upper and lower ported intake off and we have cut the plenums off to do a full port on them.  I also changed the Cobb V2 out for the new V3.  We will also  be making a new overflow catch can for the car.  I hate that big plastic POS that is in there and I want to make something smaller and tucked out of the way for the car.  Last we will be finishing up and releasing a new tie down for the rear of the car.  I absolutely HATE putting these cars on the dyno and in the trailer, there's just not an easy way to tie them down.  So I've developed a bolt in tie down for the rear of the car that we will be offering.  Be great for road racers too since they need a rear tow hook.

Thanks for asking!

WOW.  Sounds like some good stuff you have going on there.  The tie down is a great idea. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buschur racing, lightweight, exhaust, battery, wheels, downpipe, midpipe, intake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users