Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Have Wrench, Will Travel Offer @ WGP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

POPULAR

One of the things I've noticed about our market is that a lot of times our build offers and other deals are very price competitive with the rest of the market, until you factor in the cost of transportation or freight to and from the shop, especially from the West Coast. 

A typical enclosed transport from the west coast to New England can be at least $1500-2000 each way.  To combat these costs, and expand our reach into these areas, we've come up with an idea...

Well... WE HAVE WRENCH, WILL TRAVEL!

We'll bring Weapons Grade to you! 

Have access to a lift locally?  Don't want to lose sight of your car for a month or more?  Don't want to extend your build time to include a week cross country each way for transportation?  Enjoy the hands-on approach of working on your own car?   Don't like the idea of e-tuning your brand new build?  Want to make sure your engine is broken in correctly?

Typical airfare and hotel from Connecticut to the west coast is often less than $600, and shipping engines or transmissions is only a few hundred dollars... totaling about half the cost of vehicle transport! 

Cover our travel expenses and we'll tear down, ship cores, reassemble, and tune your GT-R locally (using local fuels and local atmospheric conditions!) 

Paired with refundable core charges on your engine and transmission, we can ship you a completed block and transmission in advance and provide this service on a single trip, cutting what is often a 2 month project down to a week or less!

Post here or inbox me for more details or to schedule!

• ian.r, Se7enGTR, ERR0RMACR0 and 4 others like this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner / MoTec Calibrator
-Mainline Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

kaliturbo

kaliturbo

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13

Man this is a great idea!  Especially for the people who don't live near any good builders.

• Doug@WGP likes this

Johnnypbmx

Johnnypbmx

Stage 1 Member

• 123 posts
  • Joined 25-February 14
japanese tuners will travel for the right price ( a lot more than doug) but this is first time ive heard of this in the states- great idea
  • Doug@WGP and shawnhayes like this

Arkmae

Arkmae

Stage 4 Member

• 653 posts
  • Joined 16-July 14
  • LocationSydney, Australia

can you travel to Australia for a holiday and build mine whilst your here? lol

ADM MY12 Nissan GT-R Ivory Pearl

Precision Automotive Racing PR12 3.8L -  TSM Elite Plus - Shep 1K - Motec - Boostlogic Manfold + Extra Rail - ID1050x / ID1700 12 Injector Setup - Fore Triple Pump

"I come from a land Down-Under"

Instagram: @arkmae

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

can you travel to Australia for a holiday and build mine whilst your here? lol

I could ;)

Doug Ross
-Mainline Dyno in House
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 21B Ozick Dr, Durham, CT   West Coast Location 16726 146th St SE, Monroe, WA

ERR0RMACR0

ERR0RMACR0

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Doug has stood behind my build all the way and never leaves me hanging, even a year later.  He always gets back to me and continues to provide tuning support.  Just thought I would post in here for those considering this service.

• Tim, 7racer and Doug@WGP like this

Chris3g

Chris3g

Stock

• Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 02-April 14
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Doug has stood behind my build all the way and never leaves me hanging, even a year later.  He always gets back to me and continues to provide tuning support.  Just thought I would post in here for those considering this service.

+1 to this. I had a small issue with my fuel system (level reader was caught on a wire in the tank making the gauge inaccurate), Doug drove 2 hours to my house to fix it in my garage and while he was there also installed a steering wheel and paddles that i had. He definitely stands behind his work and will go out of the way to help you. 

• Tim, ERR0RMACR0, 7racer and 1 other like this

2015 Premium Jet Black
WGP built / HKS GT1000 / ShepTrans / EcuTek 

Barry

Barry

Stock

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 02-January 15
I have his ZR1 brakes and he definitely stood behind his product, amazing to work with and responded pretty quickly to any text - even months after purchase - even offered to fly down to Miami when my builder had issues with fitment (super early production 09).

Definitely one of the best people I've dealt with throughout my build.
  • 7racer and Doug@WGP like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

Bumping this because reasons to soon be revealed!

• 7racer likes this

Doug Ross
-Mainline Dyno in House
Our Online Store

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users