One of the main reasons we launched this site was to encourage sharing of information in the community. Many GT-R owners are afraid to post their experience on other forums for fear of having their posts removed or being banned outright for sharing their experience.
This section exists so that members can feel free to share their experiences with vendors in the community without fear of repercussions.
We want GT-R owners to be able to make educated decisions about the market, and have the information available to them that they need to do that.
We expect most of the reviews in this forum to be positive, as are most experiences with vendors in the community. However, we're all mature enough to know that no business is perfect. No matter what industry you are in you will run into an issue with a vendor at some point. It's how the vendor handles the situation that separates a vendor from a great vendor. Everyone will get a bad review from time to time, but quality vendors who stand behind their work and try to make their clients happy will always rise to the top.
Everyone needs to keep this in mind:
We want the owner and vendor to be happy
if they are not:
We are always striving for a resolution that will make the owner and the vendor happy.
If it is a positive review (we hope) then all is good!
However, to avoid any potential drama we are going to enact the following rules:
1. If starting a review thread where you will be stating you have issues with a vendor, you must have already tried to work out those issues with the vendor. For example, if you received scratched wheels in the mail you have already contacted the vendor and tried to work it out, but you aren't happy with their response.
2. No vendors are allowed to post in a thread about another vendor.
3. Anyone posting in the thread must have direct first-hand experience with the vendor or parts in the thread. If you don't have experience and can't help - move on, this isn't for drama, it's for helping.
4. If the thread is found to be incorrect technically, it may be blanked or removed. For example if you are blaming Company X axles for breaking, but it turns out to be an OEM component instead. We want to make this fair for everyone.
5. If a poster is found to be intentionally misleading or purposely withholding information the thread will be blanked or removed.
Vendor feedback, both good and bad will enable the owners here to make informed decisions about how and where to spend their money, and it will benefit the community as whole. Bad vendors won't be propped up by a system that discourages anything-but-glowing feedback, and quality vendors will stand out even more.