Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Motortrend WOT nismo GT-R details article.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,123 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Skyliner I won't respond to you anymore in any threads, please do me the same favor.

Posted Image

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Shawn

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

Could you do me a favor and explain what "TC in R mode is almost OFF" is?

I don't understand how TC in R can be OFF. 

Also - how do stock DBA R35's launch with VDC-OFF?  I don't understand this phenonema. 

Perhaps I'm not familiar with the platform. 

R mode and On mode are not the same! On mode =cuts engine power to avoid any wheel spin at all.   R mode does allow minimal spin at launch. So it is not the same.

Posted Image

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

R mode and On mode are not the same! On mode =cuts engine power to avoid any wheel spin at all.   R mode does allow minimal spin at launch. So it is not the same.

I'm familiar with the traction control settings.  What I'm not familiar with is how TC in R can be OFF.   And how can a stock DBA-R35 launch in VDC-OFF?

These are the things I didn't understand when you mentioned them. 

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,910 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOmaha

I'm familiar with the traction control settings. What I'm not familiar with is how TC in R can be OFF. And how can a stock DBA-R35 launch in VDC-OFF?

These are the things I didn't understand when you mentioned them.

Jasper, your understanding is correct of course. There are three possible modes the TC can be in - allow minimal spin (default mode), allow more spin (R mode), and off (do nothing to control spin). So clearly there are two levels of "on" and one level of "off". Also, you are correct that the stock DBA cannot be launched with the TC off, therefore all magazine testing of launch mode has used the TC in one of its two "on" modes. I just explained all this to my teenage daughter and she understood right away. For some people, however, these are very challenging topics.
-Jeff

Skyliner

Skyliner

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,770 posts
  • Joined 26-December 12

If you don't want me to reply to you, stop implying me, ok?

Posted Image

EvilGT-R

EvilGT-R

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

lol u just coined a new term... and i love it lol

Lol I alway have a good laugh when someone gets into an and I use this loosely "technical" arguement with skyliner, then eventually gets frustrated and gives up.

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

I still want to see "TC in R ...set to OFF", and a stock DBA-R35 launch with VDC-OFF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users