Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Buschur Racing FMIC kits completed.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

We finally have our completed kits finished.  We built our first FMIC for Nick's car a few months back.  Stock turbo's on that car, E85, two fairly heavy race seats and the other things we offer he's gone 10.2 at a best mph of 138 mph.  I wanted to change the design of the plumbing a bit from the initial prototype we built.

After taking some measurements, the original 2.5" tubing I used I decided to change.  The OD of the factory throttle bodies are 2.75" and the outlet of the factory turbos is also 2.75".  While the tubing isn't common it's what I decided was best to use.  The less transition couplings and changes in direction and diameter the better off you are for flow.  The other thing I was dead set against was the use of any silicone tubing for the bends, I see a LOT of FMIC kits for the cars that use 90's and 45' in silicone for the i/c pipe kits and I wanted to offer a complete hard pipe kit.

The intercooler cores are made in the USA and measure 22"x12"x4.5", are bar and plate and then completely welded and fabricated here at our shop.  The cores combined are rated at 1600 hp.

The entire intercooler pipe kit and intercooler complete with silicone couplings and t-bolt clamps along with Tial BOV flanges will sell for $2995.  The tubing is being sent out now to be bent.  So production parts will be done soon and we are taking orders now for anyone interested.  

Here is a picture of the FMIC on the car and the tubing from the front.

Attached Images

• photo.JPG

• Jon H likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.
BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.
Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOzarks

Looks good Dave!

What would be beyond awesome is if you could give us some actual before and after data comparing the performance of this IC to the stock one.  Post-intercooler air temps would be ideal... I have yet to see a single vendor post any meaningful performance data for any of their intercoolers.  I'm counting on the no-BS king himself to break this trend :)

• Dream_GTR likes this
-Jeff

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Yes, for sure I'll supply data, I'm going to log the car on the way home tonight.  Nick's car gained nearly 50 whp/ft lbs when we did the intercoolers/pipes and downpipes on his car at the same boost level.  My car has had NO changes other than the intercoolers and lower pipes, we had our upper kit on it already, which is nice as our upper kit can be used with the stock plumbing and then just add the lower sections and FMIC to it later.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
pretty nice looking ic's there!

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,806 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Looks great! Might have to pick one up...

NOSA

NOSA

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 20-May 13
  • LocationSt. Augustine Florida

Looks great! 

James S.
Nissan Of St. Augustine
904-794-9990 (work) EXT 216
904-540-7959 (Cell)

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Thanks for the compliments.  

We headed to the track Saturday, only to get rained out!  The track is now closed for the year here, I think I'll see what I can find open as I really need to run the car again with the intercoolers on it.  Based on the 10.44 it ran on pump gas and stock turbos/intercoolers already I'm guessing it could run some 10.2's.  I'll keep this updated as I get data collected and new times.  

Any of you looking to add any of our parts, send me a pm or email, davidbuschur@buschurracing.com  I've got a lot of inventory and money invested in this project already and we'd love to get some parts out there on people's cars!

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,928 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

David you can come down to PBIR.We are just getting into are good air time.They are Lax rule wise and it's a nice track.

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Alright guys, I have some data to share.  

My car is a 2014 GTR.  Has everything we make for it so far on it.  I went out this morning on 93 octane and a peak boost of 15.52.  Before I go on I want to say something else.  There is a lot of complaints from people that vendors haven't given up dyno sheets and data for their intercoolers.  I agree with that but I want to say something else with that.  If the GTR is not converted to blow through or speed density that data isn't available.  My car is on speed density so I can get accurate IAT readings.

So with that I took the car  on the road and ran 2, 1/4 mile runs.  1st-5th gear.

1st run with our FMIC kit and intercooler pipes on the IAT's started at 60.8 degrees F.  When I lifted off the throttle in 5th gear they were 68.0 degrees F.

I then did another one right behind that, drove the car for maybe 1 mile.

2nd run, peak boost was 15.7 psi.  AIT's at the start of the run in 1st gear were 57.2 degrees F and when I lifted in 5th gear they were 68 degrees F again.  I added about 3 mph to the top speed in 5th gear on that run compared to the first run.

I will post data from the stock intercooler and intercooler pipes in a day or two for comparison.

I'll also go run the car again at 18-19 psi of boost and post that data.

• HiBoost likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
Buschur ftw! thanks for providing some data! how about radiator temps? why? cause a larger intercooler is going to block airflow a bit to the rad. i think that is less important tho cause most circuit builds have trans coolers (otherwise rad temp is part of the trans cooling for oem setup, no?).

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

ian, the radiator temps in my car are low.  Driving it won't go over about 186 degrees actually. 

• ian.r likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13

Interesting, sent you an e-mail

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

More data collected.

Testing the stock FMIC's with stock upper/lower i/c pipes and stock BOV's, rest of the configuration on the car was the same.

The stock intercoolers we did two runs with.  Rolling in 1st gear starting at 22 mph, the AIT's were 75F, running to 132 mph in 5th the AIT's rose to 133F! The next run we started at 13 mph with a starting AIT of 73F and ran to 133 mph in 5th gear, this gave us 134F AIT's!

So the stock FMIC's are gaining 61 degrees of air temp on what isn't even a full run from a dead stop. Consider sitting on the line with some boost building with the BOTL in the Cobb and those intake air temps are going to be even hotter.  Also consider the ambient air temps were low 70's.

With our new FMIC kit on the car we are seeing an increase of about 14 degrees F and those tests were from a dead stop in 1st and up through 5th gear.  

BIG improvements in air temps!!!!

• Evolunchbox likes this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOzarks

Damn Dave, that's great!

Big thanks for following through and giving us some hard data to PROVE this is an upgrade from the stock piece.

Well done!!

-Jeff

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
+1
Now strap a pair of 3794s on :)

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

+1
Now strap a pair of 3794s on :)

soon :)

• ian.r likes this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

You are welcome for the data.  I don't believe in selling anything that doesn't work or function.  We've always been like that.  We either dyno test or track test everything and until it proves to be worthwhile, we don't use it or sell it.

I'll have some new ET's and dyno figures coming up soon.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

HiBoost

HiBoost

Stage 3.9 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • LocationOzarks

Also would be curious if there are any changes seen in max boost potential.  With the stock IC seems 100% WGDC is only good for right around 1.0 bar at redline (with DPs, intakes, etc)...

-Jeff

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Not sure how I missed this question, sorry.

The max boost at redline on my car on my 10.23 pass, this is pump gas, was just shy of 15 psi at the top of each gear at 7000 rpm.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

We will be adding another option to the kits.  I had a couple of sets of stainless steel upper i/c pipes built.  I love the look of polished stainless so I had a couple sets done to test the market waters.  The first sets are being polished now.  This is the only section of tubing that can be seen on the car and should look killer polished.  We will be doing some SS turbo inlets too on our next run.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users