Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Discounts for GTRHeritage.com members

discounts carkitcompany free shipping camera

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

POPULAR

Supporting GTRHeritage.com

Free US shipping on any Car Kit Company orders for GTRHeritage.com members.

Many will know that we don't discount our kits, we've cut out all the middle men and priced as aggressively as we can while still making it worth our while. However, we wanted to make this gesture because we want to support GTRHeritage.com. Other forums have high monthly fees (which we are evaluating whether to continue) and we want to pass on the savings due to lack of high fees to members here.

If you place an order on our website and then email the confirmation with your GTRHeritage.com member name we will arrange a refund of the shipping costs charged.

• Tim, ian.r, NickTO and 3 others like this

Doug3226

Doug3226

Heritage MVP

• OEM Member
  • 948 posts
  • Joined 25-December 12
  • LocationOhio

Thank you for a great offer...looking forward to getting mine.   :D

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,863 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

+1 on the thanks.

I will be taking you up on this

Tim

NJNYCGTR

NJNYCGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13

Brian,

Is it possible to just order the fornt camera from you?  I know in the past it had to be included in your initial package order.

Thank you.

fricks

fricks

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

i would be interested in just the front camera aswell

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

Brian,

Is it possible to just order the fornt camera from you?  I know in the past it had to be included in your initial package order.

Thank you.

I can sell the front camera on its own, but the main reason for selling as a package is you need other parts to use the front camera. If you have those other parts already then I'm happy to sell just the front camera. One of the main reasons I don't list as a separate item is because I didn't want to confuse anyone and lead to disappointment if someone purchased just the front camera and had no where to connect it.

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

i would be interested in just the front camera aswell

What year do you have?

nubbin

nubbin

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

You and your crystal ball, brian. Few years back I got my cameras and bypass installed by you and during our talk you predicted everything that's happened so far. Rise of ecutek, politics behind nagtroc and how money's involved. God damn Nostradamus  :wah: 

• ian.r likes this

fricks

fricks

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

What year do you have?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,897 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Supporting GTRHeritage.com

Free US shipping on any Car Kit Company orders for GTRHeritage.com members.

Many will know that we don't discount our kits, we've cut out all the middle men and priced as aggressively as we can while still making it worth our while. However, we wanted to make this gesture because we want to support GTRHeritage.com. Other forums have high monthly fees (which we are evaluating whether to continue) and we want to pass on the savings due to lack of high fees to members here.

If you place an order on our website and then email the confirmation with your GTRHeritage.com member name we will arrange a refund of the shipping costs charged.

that's freaking awesome!  I purchased your memory box (twice) and love the super easy install and your great great install instructions!

**had to buy a second one as when I cut the box open I accidentally spliced a wire...oops**

I might get that remote start kit now!

Edited by 7racer, 22 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

In7anity!!

icarus

icarus

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

Thanks for the great offer for members of this forum...  I really, really want that backup camera kit!

2014 NISSAN GT-R
Racing Brake - HKS - GotBoost Performance - AMS

NJNYCGTR

NJNYCGTR

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 15-September 13

Brian,

I have an 09 and already purchased the rear camera kit and AV bypass kit about a year or so ago.

Quick question though: do I have to remove the front bumper to install and run the wires?

Thanks.

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

You and your crystal ball, brian. Few years back I got my cameras and bypass installed by you and during our talk you predicted everything that's happened so far. Rise of ecutek, politics behind nagtroc and how money's involved. God damn Nostradamus  :wah: 

Yes I remember it well and in some cases I wish I had been wrong. I try to stay out of the politics and also try to see both sides, but some things have just been jaw dropping.

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

The front camera needs to connect to somewhere. With the US cars the most popular place is the AUX video input. With the 2009/10 US cars, which require a composite to RGB converter that gives another option. Finally for our European friends (which don't have the AUX input) we use the rear camera input and switch between front and rear and some US customers have preferred this method

For you (with a US 2013) with factory rear camera the options are as follows:

Option 1 (using AV input):

http://www.carkitcom...r-bypass-remote @ $415 including the front camera, bypass kit and AUX input cable

The reasons you need the included bypass kit are:

1) It performs the video switching between an AUX video input and the front camera

2) The speed bypass is required to video the front camera if the car is travelling >5mph

3) Provides power to front camera

Of course as a byproduct you get the Bypass kit and AUX AV input

Option 2 (using the rear camera input)

http://www.carkitcom...ypass-remote-eu $365 including the front camera and bypass kit  

but because you have the factory rear camera you would need the additional rear camera harness @ $120

The reasons you need the included bypass kit are:

1) It is needed to switch between the front and rear cameras

2) Giving the ability to activate cameras without engaging reverse 

3) Provides power to front camera

Again you get the Bypass kit as a byproduct. 

bdl99

bdl99

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 30-December 12

Brian,

I have an 09 and already purchased the rear camera kit and AV bypass kit about a year or so ago.

Quick question though: do I have to remove the front bumper to install and run the wires?

Thanks.

No you don't need to remove the front bumper. In your case because you have the rest of the kit already you would just need the front camera at $140

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: discounts, carkitcompany, free shipping, camera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users